To be In Love Recognizing the light within and all around you To be In Love is to exist within a state of constant Loving awareness Loving everything that you are aware of To be aware is a gift To be In Love is to melt into this awareness Our spirit knows Love In Love fear has no home An open heart welcomes truth God is Love Feel the wind, see God Feel the sun's rays, see God Look at yourself, see Love Look at yourself, see God God is within and all around To be In Love is to be Green Heart chakra emanating light Energy flowing freely Extending your Love Receiving Love To be in Love is to return to nature Our true nature, a state of being To be In Love is to be unique we are all unique in our ways of being I am Love I am Loving awareness I am loving Awareness I am awareness -Lee Sunshine (2023)
- Earlier this week I watched a Radical self love video by Jubilee, which encouraged me to share my own thoughts about this topic. In the video she talks about having to show up for her self before being able to show up for others. This made me think, what is my definition of radical self love? and why is it radical to love yourself in world that has forgotten all about love?
- So I gave myself this week to focus on self love and what that means to me beyond the regular doing my hair, taking salt baths and my day to day self care practices. Writing this now I am realizing that there is a difference between Self love and Self care, why is this difference not talked about more?
- Getting to the root of what Self love is, outside of caring for ones needs, can help you cultivate more loving energy within. If loving yourself goes beyond making sure you are cared after, then what is left over? Well…
- Self Love is Rad because it requires you to speak positively towards yourself and others. Words are powerful, they carry thought into form and therefore bring thoughts to life. Being mindful of the words you surround yourself with, whether it’s from music, a podcast or tv show, is important. All of what you say and expose yourself to becomes a blueprint for your subconscious to learn from and adapt to. So why not say nice things to yourself, positive affirmations, instead of beating yourself down.
- To be loving of yourself is to honor your word as a way of showing yourself that you believe in the words that you speak, enough to put action behind what you say.
- Radical self love means that your sovereignty and authentic expression are never jeopardized out of fear or to make others more comfortable.
- Self love means to forgive your past selves for what they did not know
- Self love is to remain curious and open to new knowledge (no matter the form it presents itself)
- Self love is removing pressure that stems from expectations that are external to yourself
- Self love is to shoot for a higher self, a higher frequency each and everyday
- Self love is to BE Loving because as human beings we are manifestations of love, to be anything other than that is to go against nature
- I hope these were helpful as you continue forming your own definitions of radical self love.
- To answer the second question I posed at the start of today’s blog, I’d say that self love is radical because it calls for people to turn within instead of relying on external beings or things to give you what you already have. Once you tap into the abundant source of love that you are, meaning can be found in even the smallest of things.
The next time someone asks if you love yourself, I hope you can say “Yes I do, isn’t it rad?”
Thank you for reading
Till next time, Lee Sunshine
I Saw Things I ImaginedSolange, Things I Imagined
I have began to think of my life within frames of seasons, periods of time shaped with purpose. In the past I wasn’t super aware of what these seasons were, my life just seemed to move along. Throughout it all journaling has been a part of my life, speaking out loud to myself has always been a part of my life. As early on as 7 years young I knew that there was an importance to capturing my thoughts and feelings. Even now I feel that importance in a new way. Capturing so much of what I have thought of has given me reminders of different parts of my life and the things I value for my lifetime. Things like a safe home, genuine love, and freedom. Reminding myself of the things I’d imagined over and over again helped bring them closer to me as time past. Now I have so many aspects of living that I’ve desired for awhile; all from these reflections of the past and coming into awareness of what it is that I truly want. No guilt or shame associated with desire either, that mentality had to go so that what I imagined became real.
The current season of my life feels like the beginning of a new transition; the part where I choose to show up as myself and be in a state of receiving. It took a great manifestation just for me to be sitting here typing this. The first season of my life that brought me to this awareness of personal seasons is aptly named The Realization Period. During this time I felt very much so born again, with a new found sense of being alive fully. It was like I’d slowly woken up from a long restful slumber. My childhood and adolescents had a new color to them, I began to innerstand why I’d come to be who I was and why I didn’t recognize these shadow parts of myself. As I went along realizing, each day bringing forth some deep belief or memory, I felt lighter and more aware than I had in a long time. Probably since before I could recollect my thoughts.
I have since developed a fondness for all the beings I witnessed during this time, who helped me realize and let go of a lot. Listening to self-love and self-help podcasts has become one of my favorite things to do. So much so that I began my own podcast last year! YouTube has since become one of my go to places to witness people who I relate to and want to learn from. Listening to people talk about their lives brought up memories that I hadn’t processed fully and helped to move past them. Plus it was a nice way to not feel alone on the days where loneliness felt abundant. Receiving personal realizations as a result of reading or listening to someone else reflect on their life is a blessing. Now I wish to share in the same way, so far it has been interesting to step into this realm of sharing virtually. Having outlets like these is such a cool aspect of the 21st century though, to think billions of beings are connecting and relating across bounds!
Writing is a daily practice that has allowed me to be where I am today. Much gratitude for the power of words, thought, and expression. Thank you for reading, I am trying to get back into the practice of blogging consistently so hopefully this helps! Check out my podcast for more @youtooarealoveleebeing
Peace and Blessings Lovelee Being,
Saying kind words to myself everyday is one of the ways I have transformed my life. I am a firm believer in the power of spoken word, in this episode I share some of my own affirmations and reflect on why I chose these words to lift me up everyday. For some fun context I recorded this episode in a local park near my home in West side Chicago, IL. As I was sitting in the park a family of ducks were migrating to the other side of the land and it really added to the moment for me.
This year involved a lot of firsts in my life and saying affirmations on a daily basis, even when I didn’t feel like it, was a major first. I consider myself an optimistic person so saying positive things seemed easy enough but I quickly learned that there is much more to affirming ones self than the words alone. All of what we say, our words, have strength and the intention behind them is what really makes the impact that is felt. Wether you believe what you are affirming to be true or not, starting with the words and then flowing into the embodiment of what they mean can create a whole new world of meaning.. This flow is what carries the affirmation from our mind and into our hearts. I am still in the practice of really accepting the flow for what it is. Below I included the affirmations I discuss in this episode. I hope they lift you up and inspire you to create some affirmations of your own.
I am that I am, nothing more nothing less. I am me, blessed. Bless
I can inspire others just by being myself, I am enough
Everything happening now is happening for my ultimate good, everyday I am growing
In this moment and in all moments I am exactly where I am supposed to be
As Always love and sunshine, Peace
Calling out of Context
This week’s sounds of the week we have the eclectic Arthur Russell. I came across the ’08 documentary Wild Combination: A portrait of Arthur Russell by Matt Wolf last week and was so surprised by what I saw. I was even more surprised by what I heard. Through a mirage of different home videos, clips from the artist’s past, and photos served as the introduction to a musician who seemed to embody what it meant to be a creator. In the documentary it was made clear that Arthur’s life revolved around music and the creation of sound. From the instrumentation to the signature echo in his voice, all aspects of his music involve a wild combination of sounds. Sounds that turned into songs which captured intimate and feeling driven moments in the artist’s life.
As I write I am listening to the Calling out of Context album, released posthumously by Arthur’s estate in 2000. An original compilation of sounds from what appears to be a multitude of sources, the 1 hour project takes you through seemingly honest renditions of the artists’ thoughts and experiences at a point in time. My favorite song from this album is That’s Us/Wild Combination. I really like how simple the songs appear at first, but once I listened a few times the layers to the song became apparent. The nuance of his singing, paired with the unpredictable melody, created a sound like none that I have heard before. One minute into the song I find myself dancing along to lyrics like:
Hard as I can be, it's never too hard With this our love to see, by it's own light Love inside of me, it's working at night
The sentiment of feeling love for another and ones self is relatable and touching to hear. This was a cool introduction to an artist I’ll be listening a lot going into this new year. It’s fascinating to learn how he created an abundance of music during his time. All despite not being chosen as a mainstream artist of his generation. A real testament to following ones passions in life with a faith that may appear blind to some, but at heart is what you came here to express in a way that is true. Thank you Arthur Russell, a truth sharer and inspiration to all artist out there. And Thank you Matt Wolf for making the film that brought this sound to my awareness.
Give it a listen for yourself and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Love and Sunshine, Peace
“Spiritual energy is the kind that never runs out.” –
Deepak Chopra (Truth teller)
Where: Moonday Night in the Studio~~~~.
Today was semi-unexpected but turned out pretty cool. I woke up to the pleasant surprise of the Sunshine, it has been pretty yet gloomy here in Chicago, so seeing The Sun so bright was so exciting to see and feel. I began my day and began my yogis on the balcony, right in the sun. With my eyes closed, it nearly felt like a mid-summer day. I was grateful, none the less, with my eyes open to the beauty that was the sky, trees, sunshine and little birds. I started practicing yoga in spring 2020, what a time that was. Like a lot of things, yoga found me. I didn’t take classes or follow along to a video until many months into my new experience with movement, my breath and body. Yoga found me at the perfect time, my time of solitude and silence, with all that time I still wanted to move around. But without too much effort or strain. I was flexible as a kid so falling back into stretching on the floor day to day felt natural to me. Sometimes I like to play music or flow in the quiet. Around the same time I began my daily practice, I quickly realized I’d developed the habit of holding my breath. Having to relearn something I’d been unconsciously doing for so long was tough, it was like I was afraid to breath at times. Baffled at the abundance of air that could flow through me at each moment. Now as I write this I am breathing through my nose and from my stomach. Yoga has gifted me with the power of my breath. I am no longer afraid to breath deeply or even to sigh every now and again. Breathing feels good. I proclaimed a year ago that I would feel every breath I take for the rest of my life, they are so precious. Connecting with my breath through yoga each day, even when I don’t physically feel like it, has helped me to build strength. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. Being able to sit in silence and just breath is one of the most peaceful experiences that I will treasure for life. Take time to connect with your breath, it keeps you going, it makes your heart happy. Life is truly a healing journey. I am choosing to heal one step at a time, in all the ways that will find me. Bless
That which is holding you down can become a powerful force that raises you up. You just have to be willing to take the ascent.Michael A. Singer, author of The Untethered Soul
The art of letting go is a simple yet touchy art. I began reading the book The Untethered Soul: the journey beyond self this week because I was in need of guidance in this area of life. The area that calls for a genuine need to let go of what is no longer serving me. Realizing just how much energy can remain pent up within if you don’t take action or thought to remove it was mind blowing to me. So much of what we are taught by society, the norms that are all around us, have absolutely nothing to do with taking care of the self on a Mind, Body, AND Spiritual level. Yet, we are all living as beings who have all three of these aspects. Learning all of this after thinking otherwise for so long is liberating. Learning to let go is a life long lesson, one that we all have the opportunity to experience everyday through the simple and the complex.
If you’re interested in self healing and getting in tune with your spirit, your essence + you like to read I’d recommend The Untethered Soul: the journey beyond self. I am only on the 9th chapter and like many nurturing spiritual books it is a text I will return to for years to come. The messages are delivered in a way that has made me feel very validated as a human being whose just come into awareness.
I know I have much more to learn about the art of letting go, like anything else it takes time.
For me letting go has looked like:
- Acknowledging that the “bad” things that have happened are in the past and do not need life breathed into them in the present
- Breathing. Focusing on just breathing during times where clarity feels far from me
- Listening to 432hz vibrationally healing music throughout my day (see playlist below)
- Writing what I am thinking, writing what I am feeling, writing what I remember
- Meditating with no expectation for what will find me
- Being the observer of my thoughts more often
- Sharing to connect, instead of sharing unintentionally
- Speaking aloud, talking to myself from the heart
- Opening myself up instead of closing myself off
- Being more compassionate in a general sense
Playlist as I write
Peace & Blessings, Lee
“To truly love we must learn to mix various ingredients - care, affection, recognition, respect, commitment, and trust, as well as honest and open communication.”- Bell Hooks, truth teller
This weekend marked the one year anniversary of my union with my partner.In the past I found myself at opposite ends with those I came to express my love to, now as I write this I can’t help but remember these ends and how different, yet similar they are to the energy I carry now. Being in a relationship, in my opinion, calls for a certain degree of responsibility. You have a bond, a connection that can give you a chance to see yourself in the eyes of another. Like a mirror. God has blessed me with a partner who helps me to innerstand my ways of being and therefore provides me with the divine opportunity to either change or embrace them. Much of who I am, that I have rediscovered this far, revolves around love. Love is so powerful so it makes sense. Looking back at the past 365 plus days I have spent getting to know and bonding with my partner has taught me some lovelee things:
- Patience is a gift, giving and expressing patience is an act of love
- It is ok to laugh, to feel the joy within
- Un-divided attention is more intentional than attention alone
- Inspiration can come from anywhere in your life
- Nothing is a coincidence
- Courage and love speak louder than fear
- Speak to your love as you would speak to yourself, tone is everything
- Learning how someone else best receives love, teaches you the best way to give them love
- Your relationship is what YOU and YOUR PARTNER decide it is, nothing more and nothing less
- Be with someone who makes you feel safe
- Be with someone who matches your level of optimism for life
- Sharing really is caring
- Communicating past fear shows you why the fear didn’t need to be there
- Common interests are nice, but difference in perspective helps you both grow
- Love thyself first and genuine love will find you
- You really can find someone who loves you for you
Reflecting on the love that has found me fills my heart with joy. I have a best friend, lover, muse, protector, and partner. I feel grateful, even for the times when things aren’t the way I think they should be. Everything that happens happens with purpose. The day I met my partner I was with two of my great friends, they’d come to visit me in my new home here in Chicago. A great day and at the end I had a chance encounter with the person I have since come to love and grow close to. It is wild how time seems to work. 365 days, an entire year just like that. I find myself trying to constantly savor our lives as they are right now, because some day I know we will have grown older and we will begin to think of the moments we loved the most. I want to think of all the moments I loved the most, savoring them in the now will help. Being in a relationship is a blessing, truly. I hope that whoever reads this and wants love, that you find it. I believe as beings we are all capable of being loved and loving another, love is source. Bless
– Lee Sunshine
Podcast/ Video if you’d like to hear me talk more about this topic
Playlist Inspired by my Lovie
Playlist as I write
10/4/21 Blog Post 2
This week I’d like to focus on my communication, my voice, being mindful and reflective when communicating with others and with myself. This past week I felt conflicted in this area of my life, so naturally I chose to meditate on it this week. Within this meditation I’ve been reflecting on the ways I have chosen to communicate in the past; what makes me speak out of spirit or character. These are the the aspects of myself I feel are in need of some healing at the moment. I have been in this new practice of self expression. What a joy it has been so far. I feel freedom like never before. Even sitting here typing this, music in my ears, I am in joy. I spent a long time not expressing myself in the most loving ways. I use to find it difficult when trying to make sense of the way my expression and ways of communicating were captured by others.
So far today I have taken my time, I wanted to begin writing within this space on a regular basis and today marks the day that I begin that habit intentionally. It isn’t a particularly sunny day today, some may say it is gloomy. But I am shining on the inside so it feels like a beautiful to me, none the less.
I use the word MoonDay instead of Monday because Mondays are the day of the Moon and a great day for healing activity/practices/energy. I also really adore the Moon so it has been nice to incorporate into my vocabulary the more that I learn about it. This week is also the New Moon in Libra on 10-6-21. A beautiful day of the start of a new lunar cycle. Learning more about astrology and the earth have brought much meaning to my life in the past two years. There is a lot to be learned from nature, I am grateful for this.
Things that are healing to me
- Music (playlist at top is current favorite band)
- Creating freely without restriction or deadlines, so for today that means writing on my blog and reading my journals and poetry
- Playing my drums and getting more familiar with the creation of sound, sound is so healing
- Sitting in silence, meditation
- Yoga, stretching
- Sleeping, resting fully and without distraction
- Taking time to reflect on anything that has felt bothersome to me in the previous week/in general